Quote of what the world is missing

WAR
War does not decide the victor, but is the forming foundation or new rule. It does no prove who was better, but that they were lucky.
For war does not decide who is right..... But who is left.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Remember me

Neurons and Bygones 

I remember recesses.
   Being freed for the bounds of school for a short while, released from the weight of the books and the math. 
   Yet still locked in a chain link fence that we called fun

I remember playing my first video game....... just not the name.

I remember when my sister was born, and how sad it was when I realized she was coming home. 
 Knowing I would no longer be the only child 

I remember the day my dog died. 

I remember the first time riding a bus to school and thinking how cool it was. The amazement of the over sized Twinkies abounded me. 
I remember hating it the next day, and every day after.

I remember all three of my car accidents, and how they happened on the same day.  
I remember getting snow tires. 

I remember sneaking the into the basement on Christmas Eve and watched as my parents wrapped presents. 
I remember the day I stopped believing in Santa Claus

I remember my grandma, and where we were when she died. 
I remember her in the hospital, and how she didn't remember me. 

3 comments:

  1. I like the cause and effect you have with it. Ties it together and is well done.

    "I remember her in the hospital, and how she didn't remember me. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Insolence is Bliss. It is very well done!
    This christmas line broke my heart :( The day we stop believing in santa is the day we stop being a kid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I remember my grandma, and where we were when she died.
    I remember her in the hospital, and how she didn't remember me."

    I love this post.

    ReplyDelete